FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 22, 2018
Contact: Jeffrey Dunn, Executive Director
Administrative: (860) 283-8558
Box Office: (860) 283-6250
Location: Arts Center Theatre (located on Level 2) Thomaston Opera House 158 Main Street, Thomaston, CT
Auditions: Sunday, November 11th 2018 at 7:00pm and Monday, November 12th 2018 at 7:00pm
Event Dates: February 2, 8, 9, 15, 16 2019 at 8:00 pm and February 3, 10, 17 2019 at 2:00 pm
Landmark Community Theatre is pleased to announce that it will be holding auditions for their first production of the 2019 season, THE GREAT AMERICAN TRAILER PARK MUSICAL, on Sunday, November 11th and Monday, November 12th in their Arts Center Theatre. LCT will be holding auditions for THE GREAT AMERICAN TRAILER PARK MUSICAL on November 11th and November 12th in the Arts Center Theatre located on Level 2 of the Thomaston Opera House. Auditions will be on a first come, first served basis. Ed Bassett will direct the show, with music direction by Sean Lewis. The show dates are February 2, 3, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17 for a total of 8 performances. Rehearsals will begin on November 25th and continue to be held three times a week from 6pm-9pm. Rehearsal days are tentatively scheduled for Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday evenings. In case of inclement weather and cancelled rehearsals, please expect to have rescheduled times.
Auditioners must bring sheet music with them and be prepared to sing 32 bars (about a minute) of a fully memorized musical theater song showcasing the style and vocal range of the character for which they are auditioning. Songs from TRAILER PARK are allowed. Additional vocalizing may also be a part of the audition to determine vocal range and harmonizing skills. An accompanist will be provided; no recorded accompaniment is permitted. Auditioners will be asked to read following their vocal audition. Dance auditions will not be held.
Plot Summary: There's a new tenant at Armadillo Acres—and she's wreaking havoc all over Florida's most exclusive trailer park. When Pippi, the stripper on the run, comes between the Dr. Phil–loving, agoraphobic Jeannie and her tollbooth collector husband—the storms begin to brew.
- Jeannie Garstecki – Jeannie has lived in Armadillo acres for 20 years with her husband and high school sweetheart, Norbert. A faded beauty, she was 17 when she married, 18 when her son was born, and 23 when he got kidnapped. An agoraphobic, she hasn’t left her trailer in all these years and her husband is drifting further and further away from her. Age: 35-45
- Norbert Garstecki – Jeannie’s husband. He collects tolls for a living. A former high school football star, he is a simple man who desperately wishes his wife would get out of their trailer. Age: 35-45
- Pippi - A striking beauty with a great body and a taste for clothing that shows it off. A professional stripper who gets by on her looks and petty theft, she is ready for a change. Age: 20s-30s
- Duke – Pippi’s obsessive, possessive, and excessive Magic Marker-sniffing boyfriend; “ex”-boyfriend according to Pippi. Not the brightest guy south of the Mason Dixon line, Duke leaves a trail of disaster in his wake wherever he goes. Age: early 20s
- Betty - Part hard-ass, part mother hen, she’s the leasing manager at the trailer park and she makes it her business to know everything about everybody who passes through. Age: 40s to 50s
- Linoleum “Lin” – So-named because her mother gave birth to her on the kitchen floor. A death row wife, her husband’s fate is an electric chair that doesn’t work properly unless most of the town’s electricity is turned off. Age: 30s to 40s
- Donna a.k.a Pickles – Donna got the nickname “pickles” because she is perpetually hysterically pregnant. Her husband is a lot fancier than she is, and his parents haven’t been very supportive of his marital choice. She is desperate to give her husband a family of his own – even if she has to fake it. Age: late teens to early 20s